Project 1: Product Analysis
Students will use the proper resources to make product selection recommendations
in light of known threats and vulnerabilities, using the CVE Details website:
the interface to Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures—a dictionary of tens of
thousands publicly known cyber security vulnerabilities. Each team will analyze
the vulnerabilities of three products and deliver a presentation summarizing their findings and recommendations.
Courses for Implementation:
Key Terms/Major Topics:
- Key terms: vulnerabilities, CVE, product selection,
- Technical skills: Each team will analyze the
vulnerabilities of three products. Compile empirical data on products
to establish organization standards and drive product selection. Write
report supported by tabulated and charted data. Make product recommendation
via a presentation supported by gathered data.
- Employability skills:
- Teamwork. Work in teams to analyze the vulnerabilities of
the scenario products and make a recommendation based on empirical data.
- Problem solving. Collect data and analyze the vulnerabilities
associated with the products given in the scenario. Make a recommendation based on
- Verbal communications. Create a PowerPoint presentation
that successfully communicates their analysis.
- Written communications. Summarize the data collected in
Excel spreadsheets, using charts and tables.
- Student Product Analysis
Estimated Time Required: 2 hours